During summer 2016, we held a consultation on our initial ideas for the new Local Plan. Using the information gathered we have developed some key strategic options to inform the next stages of plan development. An update on the work undertaken so far can be viewed here.By Planning Policy Team at 6 Jan 2017
Season's Greetings from the Planning Policy Team! Stay tuned for further updates throughout 2017 on the Darlington Local Plan.
By Planning Policy Team at 20 Dec 2016
Today is World Town Planning Day!
To catch up with the latest on the Darlington Local Plan see the report that is going to tonight's Cabinet meeting. #WTPD2016By Planning Policy Team at 8 Nov 2016
On Tuesday 8th November 2016, the Cabinet will consider a report on the Darlington Local Plan 2016-2036. This will include an update on Local Plan progress so far and:
- feedback on the issues and scoping consultation held in Summer 2016, including the main issues raised and how these will be taken forward,
- the results of the Call for Sites,
- the Strategic Vision, Aims and Objectives for the Local Plan,
- the Local Plan Strategic Framework and information about how strategic choices have been made, and
- the Sustainability Appraisal Framework.
Are you a Developer? Have you got a land interest in Darlington? If yes, then you may be interested in our Developer Update Session on the 27 October 2016.
Following the successful workshop events in January and July 2016, and the consultation process over the summer, we would like to update you on our progress and position regarding the Local Plan. It is also an opportunity to inform you of the next steps and how you can stay involved in the process. The event will cover:
- Update on Darlington Local Plan progress including consultation outcomes, feedback from Place Scrutiny Committee, strategic site selection, and next steps.
- Explain the approach to pro-active working with Developers, highlighting likely ‘asks’ as part of developing Stage 2 evidence.
- Explain the Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) process/methodology for 2016-2017 as an integral evidence input for the local plan submission, and the role for stakeholders in supporting the process.
The session will take place at 9:30am – 11:30am on Thursday 27 October at the Town Hall.
If you would like to attend please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 01325 406724, making clear which sites you're representing.By Planning Policy Team at 13 Oct 2016