On Tuesday 8th November 2016, the Cabinet will consider a report on the Darlington Local Plan 2016-2036. This will include an update on Local Plan progress so far and:
By Planning Policy Team at 2 Nov 2016
- feedback on the issues and scoping consultation held in Summer 2016, including the main issues raised and how these will be taken forward,
- the results of the Call for Sites,
- the Strategic Vision, Aims and Objectives for the Local Plan,
- the Local Plan Strategic Framework and information about how strategic choices have been made, and
- the Sustainability Appraisal Framework.
Are you a Developer? Have you got a land interest in Darlington? If yes, then you may be interested in our Developer Update Session on the 27 October 2016.
Following the successful workshop events in January and July 2016, and the consultation process over the summer, we would like to update you on our progress and position regarding the Local Plan. It is also an opportunity to inform you of the next steps and how you can stay involved in the process. The event will cover:
- Update on Darlington Local Plan progress including consultation outcomes, feedback from Place Scrutiny Committee, strategic site selection, and next steps.
- Explain the approach to pro-active working with Developers, highlighting likely ‘asks’ as part of developing Stage 2 evidence.
- Explain the Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) process/methodology for 2016-2017 as an integral evidence input for the local plan submission, and the role for stakeholders in supporting the process.
The session will take place at 9:30am – 11:30am on Thursday 27 October at the Town Hall.
If you would like to attend please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 01325 406724, making clear which sites you're representing. By Planning Policy Team at 13 Oct 2016
The comments submitted on the Sustainability Appraisal are now available to view on the Sustainability Appraisal page. By Planning Policy Team at 12 Oct 2016
The team are currently analysing the consultation responses received which will be considered in detail at a Scrutiny Meeting on the 20 October 2016. The comments from Members will be included in the subsequent report, to be considered by the Cabinet on the 8 November 2016.
Cabinet Reports can be viewed a week before the meeting and we will publish the link to those reports nearer the time.
All of the consultation responses received can be seen here.
By Planning Policy Team at 29 Sep 2016
The Consultation on the Draft Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report has now ended. Thank you for all of the comments submitted. We hope to publish more information, and details of the next steps, throughout Autumn. By Planning Policy Team at 27 Sep 2016